It's a brand new year, and you know what that means: new year's resolutions! I know you all made them, and I bet one of them is to play more awesome games. Luckily Humble Indie Bundle X is here to make your cross-platform, DRM-free dreams come true. (That's '10,' not 'X.' Like Wolverine.)
- To the Moon by Freebird Games: An beautiful story-driven game that harkens back to the golden age of 16-bit RPG goodness.
- Joe Danger 2: The Movie by Hello Games: Part racer, part platformer, all chaotic over-the-top destruction that's goofy and cartoony in the best ways possible.
- Papo & Yo by Minority: Does it get more exotic, haunting, and clever than this puzzle-platformer? You'd be hard-pressed to argue otherwise.
- BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien by Gaijin Games: It's a mouthful of a title, but this installment of the BIT.TRIP series lives up to the rest of its family in terms of sheer fun.
- Reus by Abbey Games: Take control of a group of gods and shape the planet and, ultimately, it's people. A truly wonderful game; expect a review soon.
- Surgeon Simulator 2013 by Bossa Studios: Is it as straightforward as its title suggests? Mostly, yeah. Is it really fun and kind of unsettling to have someone's life in your virtual hands? Mostly, yeah.
"But wait!" you say. "My resolution wasn't to play more games, it was to help people! What can Humble Indie Bundle X do for me?" Oh, you mean besides offer donations to the EFF and Child's Play Charity?
...OK, nothing besides that, but that's pretty great, right? It's what people in the biz call a "win-win."
You've got great games, great variety, and an entire year to play them, so get started!